Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Re-post. Rice Krispie treats

A recipe for fake rice krispie treats

This is for Dy, even though her boys can have marshmallows, and for anyone else who, like my kids is allergic to corn, and can't have real marshmallows.

Date Balls
1/2 cup butter (I use cocnut butter)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 pound chopped dates (Santa was so sweet to bring me a new food processor for things like this!)
1 beaten egg
1 TBSP milk (I use rice, almond, or coconut milk)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chopped nuts (or dried blueberries, coconut, maybe m & m's if you can have them)
2 cups rice krispies
1/2 tsp salt
choice of coating (nuts, bits, coconut, etc.)

Cook butter, sugar and dates until boiling over low heat. Add beaten egg, milk, vanilla, and 1/2 tsp salt. Cook 2 minutes, cool. Add chopped nuts and cereal. Form into balls the size of a walnut. Makes 3 doz. Roll in nuts, coconut, melted chocolate or powdered sugar.
I got this recipe from Shelly in Il, from the WTM boards.

LB (and the Girl who can't wait to make these again!)

1 comment:

Mindy Buller said...

LB, are you really interested in selling the Hake grammar? I would be interested in buying them from you if you are, for my student. You can email me at mindybuller@gmail.com

Thanks!