Friday, June 02, 2006

Update

In fits and starts, in bits and pieces, here is at least the beginning of an update on this week. I will start with last weekend.
We spent Saturday and Monday at Folklife Festival. We took part in more drumming workshops, ate way too much good food, and listened to music from all over the world. We really enjoyed music from many regions of India this year.

On Sunday, Papa worked in the yard all day, the Girl tended to her chickens, the Boy played Legos, and I visited my Mom. It rained and poured hard all day.

We watched several movies this week. Out of six that I picked out, we watched five, and of those five, four were given the thumbs up. We saw Duane Hopwood (Do not waste your time or money on this one- Schwimmer did a good job, but did not portray a sympathetic character- especially if you and your movie date both happen to be adult children of alcoholics. Our only thumbs down vote.), Cassanova (very sweet and romantic telling of the story.), Elizabethtown (Orlando did a great job and Kirsten Dunce was great- what else is she in that I would like?), and Hoodwinked, which was funny and worth a laugh or two. A real beauty of a family movie was The Blue Butterfly, based on a true story. William Hurt did fab, as usual. We also rented Corpse Bride, which we didn't get around to watching. We Girls were willing to watch it, but the Boys vetoed it. Plus, we just plain ran out of time- 6 movies is too many at one time!

Well, I am not nearly done, but we all need to get to bed early tonight, as the Boy has a band concert competition and a field trip after that to Wild Waves. We (yes, I stupidly said yes when his band teacher asked me to chaperone, sigh.) will be gone from 6:45 a.m. until at least 7:00 p.m.. There are supposed to be hundreds of band students at the amusement park tomorrow- I may need a sedative tomorrow night! So, I will sign off now, and check in with you later.
TTFN,
LB

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay ~ a LB blog!!

Good for Fred gardening all day on Sunday ~ yieh! It was a deluge at times wasn't it? He sets such a great example for me.

So glad y'all had a nice time at Folklife, and got some fun time in watching movies. Good luck at Wildwaves. What a good Mama and chaperone you are. I hear kids love it!! ~ and band kids are usually a lovely, creative bunch. Does girl get to come? Our Company picnic is there in August. I will look forward to some positive tips on getting thru our upcoming visit!
Say hi to the kids for me. See ya soon.
:) P