Thursday, June 15, 2006

Whirlwind History tour

Today we are off to the East Side very early. We are attending an all day worldview history class writen by the author of and based on this curriculum. Should be lots of fun, and hopefully we will learn something, too! I know I haven't been blogging much about school lately, but we are trying to finish up our study of American history so we can get back to the Ancients this fall. Right now the kids are studying the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, and memorizing the Presidents. So this class today should be a nice review of 5000 yrs of history in a nutshell.

Also, very quickly, these are the movies we have watched this week. I am not linking to them, but check them out for yourself. The whole family (and yes, we are exposing our tweens to this stuff!) watched the first three: A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Murder by Death, and Papa and I watched Dead Again (Dy, I think you would like this one!) last night. Good stuff.

Gotta go- the Boy is still in bed, dang it. Someone hand me a pitcher of water!
TTFN,
LB

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy's probably growing some more! I heard at his age that lots of sleep is a common response to growth spurts. …ah…I can remember being his age, my Mom hollering at me to get out of bed. She didn’t always sleep well and was up early many days. Of course those were the days I was pooped and wanted to sleep. I’m thinking Mom had those middle age hormones we hear so much about, eh? Isn’t it interesting how we can look back now and see things in a different light and not just as annoying?

Trusting the history lesson was as you hoped. Did you guys get back to Mt. Rushmore on the road trip you did back a ways now? Oo, wouldn't Washington DC be great fun with your kids? I wonder if there are virtual trips on the internet.

Trusting you are well and enjoying your Friday. Happy Father's Day to Papa on Sunday. A day of gardening for his happy heart?

E-hugs to the kiddles,

:) P