Sunday, February 04, 2007

update on the education of The Fine Young Man

So. It has been an interesting week with my son. I am still battling, or should I say, working with, the school system to see if my Fine Young Man can attend the high school full time next school year. It is taking a great deal of my time and energy, but it will be okay in the end. I just know it. Because I have an amazing son. He sees that fighting me over schoolwork for the last couple of years has caused him (and me) a great deal of trouble and inconvenience, and he sees that it is going to take effort to dig himself out of this situation. We are working on baby steps. This week, he is in integrity with all of his work. This is a huge triumph. Yay!

In other news, the Fine Young Man is going to state with his speech and debate team! He is also going to the national trials! He had a tournament just last night, and took first place in Humourous Interpretation. He is just getting better and better, and his routines are so much fun to watch!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you for working the education piece.

Wow for boy on state and nationals. Where are they held? Some where fun and cool? State for Drama when M and I were in school was Walla Walla! We had a grand time, lots of memory making and great competition.

Thanks for sharing,

P