Friday, December 28, 2007

Tidbits: Insomnia, deep cleaning, and a cranky pre-teen.

It is 3 a.m., and I am still awake, which is weird, as I have been up since 4 a.m. this morning. I hate it when my Dude is traveling and away. I do love being able to sleep in the middle of the bed, but it is colder- I always seem to need an extra quilt when he is away, and it is hard to get to sleep in the first place. Tonight I am hearing things every 2 minutes. Hard to relax. I am glad he is coming home tomorrow. I need me some sleep!

We had a delightful time with the Godparents yesterday. Lots of food, and games, and catching up. Auntie P's sister was there, too, and it was a delight to get to visit with her, as well as her borrowed puppy dog. I do loves me a doggie fix. Almost as good as a toddler.

Today was not a super day. The Girly and I butted heads most of the afternoon. It was frustrating, and I do not feel like I did a good job having patience or grace. But, we did manage to get a bit of cleaning done. I washed the walls and doors in the entryway, and picked up and swept the living room. The kids (mostly the Boy- he worked very hard today) started working on the bathroom- they scrubbed the tub, inside and out, the ceiling, and 2 of the bathroom walls. We also did the dishes, and kept the laundry going. Tomorrow, I am getting Gramma (I hope), and she will focus on the laundry, while the kids finish the bathroom, and I work on the living room some more, and then hopefully move on to the kitchen- the walls need to be washed, as well as the cabinets and the floor.

I still haven't used my easel, which honestly is all I really want to do. I think that may be why I was crabby and easily irritated today. I need to create. Need to make time for it to be important in my day to day life.

Okay, I am feeling tired now, and need to take advantage of that, and get some rest! If I can crash now, I can hopefully get 5 or 6 hours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You go girl ~ keep envisioning what you want to see happen! You are an excellent manifestor.

And praise those babies for what they do to help. We'll get those teens and tweens to love chorin yet, eh?

Toodles,

P