Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Waiting, waiting, waiting.

I am not very good at waiting. And there isn't any chocolate in the house. I did make a smashing meal, if I do say so myself. A lamb roast, coated with salt and pepper, fresh mint and rosemary, roasted on a bed of onions and oranges; then covered with a sauce made from the deglazed onions and oranges, with homemade broth, orange juice, and kalamata olives. We roasted some of those cute whole baby carrots with some shallots, and made baby new red potatoes. Maaavalus.

But that was a distraction from the wait. I called the office at closing, and the receptionist told me the Dr. is swamped, with 3 days worth of tests to look through and scripts to write. And if they didn't call, that meant the results were fine. I told her I realized they were busy, but that I have lived with darn near constant headache pain for the last 2 weeks, and things were definately not fine, and I would appreciate a call from the Dr. tomorrow, regardless of what the tests say. If they are positive, I have a starting point. If not, we have more work to do. I did ask for a renewal of the pain meds they gave me- the hydrocodone helps at night.

There was a call from the library yesterday, but I missed it. They didn't call today, so I don't know what's up with them. Another wait.

I need to wait with grace.
LB

6 comments:

Christine Proctor said...

Hey, I'm sorry you are sick. I've dealt with months of bad headaches, it is terrible. Muscle relaxers can help. Get better. I got my blog going a bit more, but I don't have time for a lot of writing.

Dy said...

Oy vey! I'm thinking of you (and salivating over the scrumptious supper you fixed!) But mostly I'm thinking about you, not the food. ;-)

{{hugs}}
Dy

Donna Boucher said...

Katie and I just prayed for you LB.

Donna

Delaina said...

I'm sorry to hear that you're still suffering through agonizing headaches. I do hope you find out what's going on soon. Praying for you!

Needleroozer said...

Thanks for the prayers ladies and thanks, Katie for praying for me. It helps.
LB

Amy said...

Hang in there, girl. Prayers for you from Texas.