Friday, March 03, 2006

Gifts from the Universe

I don't know if it is the fact that I have recently realized how wonderful it is to be alive, or that I have been slowly decluttering the house and clearing space for new things to come into my life, or what, but the universe is seeing fit to present me with many wonderful gifts right now.

First there were the birthday treats yesterday- lunch and a hot drink, that I didn't have to pay for. That was such a treat!

Then my sister bought a new digital camera, and decided to gift me with her old one. I need to read all the instructions, and figure out how to get it to talk to my laptop, but I am hoping I will be able to post pictures on my blog very soon. I think being able to post my creative endeavors will help me in creating them. This was cool.

But here is the really cool thing that has happened this week. I have been reading the blogs of about 20 art quilters on a regular basis since I got this laptop 3 months ago. One of my faves is Melody Johnson. Her quilts are amazing, beautiful, and inspiring to me. Her dear husband Dave, has only been blogging for about a month, but already he is a daily read for me. He has a delightful humorous style, and like myself, is prone to spontaneous poetry. How could I not love that?

To get back to the story, early this week, Dave had a contest (Scroll down to Friday, Feb. 24th for the details), and I won! Read the details and see the pictures of the grand prize here. I kept it a secret from Papa till yesterday, when Dave sent me an email with the tracking number. He is so very excited. Just pickled tink, as Patty would say. I am so pleased for him. He has needed a guitar for a long time, and it was breaking my heart to see his 6 ft. tall frame bent over the kids' toy-sized guitar. He never once complained, but he is so excited about this beautiful gift.

So, for whatever reason, I seem to be learning to be open to gifts from the universe. Cameras and picked up lunch tabs are great, but friendships are the greatest!

TTFN,
LB

2 comments:

Needleroozer said...

Cool! I can't wait to see what else you come up with.
LB

Anonymous said...

Cool stuff.

Regards,
Shopping Hannah
cool gifts