Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The unseen listener

Have I told you how amazing it is to have musicians in the house? It is just amazing. I love this house, because you can hear the piano in every single room. Even in the bathroom with your head under water. So very cool.

The Girl practices her piano every morning after the Boy goes to his morning classes. I am usually in the tub during this time. She plays and plays, and I just get to listen. Happiness.

I don't want you to think I am favoring the Girl's instrument over the Boy's. I love the french horn, too, don't get me wrong, but practices are still frought with battles and frustrations, that it is hard to really just sit back and enjoy it, though I do my best. I love to listen to the Boy during his lessons with his teacher. She can motivate him so much more easily than I can, and they sound so good playing together. And I also love to hear Papa practicing on his guitar every night, but he is still a real beginner, and it is different, although still exciting, when he plays something I can recognize,lol.

Here is what I have been being treated to lately when the Girl has been practicing:
Bach: Inventio I & II, Musette
Bach: Bold Spirit
Beethoven: Fur Elise, Op.12, no. 2, Romance
Chopin: Prelude no. 4
Haydn: Konzert F-dur

She is also playing some Schumann, Grieg, Schubert, and a medley of Beattles songs (you would love to hear these, Dave)

Music is good, life is good. Listening to Genius being born while soaking in a hot bath is unbelievably good.
LB

No comments: