Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Teenage survival mantras

Whose to say whether the following mantras are for my survival or his.
;-)

I can do this.
Breathe.

I love my job. I love my job.
Breathe.

I am peace and inspiration.
Breathe.

I am calm, cool, and collected.
Breathe.

I am cool as a cucumber.
I am a cool lake.

I am an iceberg.
A huge, very cold, freakin' iceberg. Breathe.

I am a glacier. I am cool. I am calm. I am chilled. I am freakin' enormous and I will wear down anything in my path. I am cool. I am calm. (I found it! It was from Poppins, not the Crib Chick, though she helps keep me sane, too! Click here and scoll down to Sept. 21st to read the original post.)

I will not throttle my 14 year old, because that would not be very cool.
And I am cool.
As a cucumber.
Breathe.

Keep repeating any or all of the selected mantras when throughout your day your 14 year old gets whiny, demanding, or downright rude. And as Dy says, "Keep loving him through it."

That's all I got for now- got to hang some wash out before it's time to go to the endocrinologist.
LB

No comments: