Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The Thespian success

The Boy was a huge hit last night in his thespian debut. He ennunciated well enough for his deaf mother to hear him, which was a big deal, so many of the other performers just mumbled their lines, his guestures were good- not too much, not too little, and he kept his French accent all through the play.

The drama instructor from another middle school sought him out after the performance to complimnet him on these things, too. That meant a lot to him. All of our guests, both the Godparents and my friend David, are all involved in theatre, so thier compliments really meant a lot to us.

So now, in addition to all the other things I am trying to provide for the kids, an all year drama course is in there too!

We have food bank deliveries today, but no morning classes for the Boy. I am hoping we actually can get to some schoolwork- with one thing an another, we have done very little over the last two weeks.

I am fighting a headache this morning- I think it is the pollen blowing around, so I am going back to bed for an hour or so. I'll check in with you later.
LB

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, that was fun! Told you your children were gifted :) Thanks for including us in the Boy's "theatrical debut", he really was the best one in the cast, and not just he's my special guy.

Enjoy your Wednesday ~

P