Friday, December 02, 2005

Bed Rest = Hard Work

Man, fighting a virus is such hard work! I made myself stay in bed all day yesterday, sleeping most of the time, and letting the kids fend for themselves. I was pleasantly surprised that they got most of their work done.

Today the kids and I sat in my bed and read all morning and I only got up about 2:30 in order to get the Boy to his well child visit. We were only 6 months late getting him there. The Dr.'s job today was to convince Boy that he is perfectly healthy just the way he is, even though he is 2 heads shorter and 40 pounds lighter than his age-mates. I hope it worked.
Afterwords we stopped by our fave fish and chip joint for a snack of fries and a hug from our fave waitress (we'll call her FishLady, and she gives the BEST hugs!), then picked Papa up from work. I let him drive us home.

Now I am tucked snugly back in bed, and Papa is down with the kids fixing supper. What a nice dude. I just need to ditch this virus so I can go back to being the full-time mama! I am not used to lounging in bed, and I am starting to feel a bit of mother guilt. Not enough, of course to get my hiney out of bed and go fix dinner or anything, so don't worry.

We have The Aviator and Madagascar to watch later tonight. Have you seen them? How well do you think DiCaprio played Hughes?

One last thing tonight- a quick thanks to Dy for all the phone calls- that made bed rest much easier to bear!

2 comments:

Donna Boucher said...

I have not seen either movie...but my husband thinks Aviator is about the worst movie he ever saw!

I will rent Madagascar for Emma soon.

Donna

Needleroozer said...

Yeah, I guess it was okay, but to be honest, I could really care less about either Howard Hughes or DiCaprio, so I could have done without it. Tonight we watched Monster in Law, and it wasn't that great either. It had its funny moments, but it was a bit contrived.
LB