Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Question Of The Day

Found this Question of the Day here, at an aptly named site.

How much traveling will you be doing on Christmas Eve and/or Christmas Day?

I wasn't planning on any traveling. When the babies were born, we decided we would stay home on the holidays and if people wanted to see us, they could come to us. We usually drove over and fetched my mom the last few years, so she could watch the kids open gifts.

But they aren't babies anymore, are they?

We will head out to my mom's late morning on Christmas day, as she has informed me she wants to just stay at her house and hole up. But she didn't say we couldn't come over, now did she?

We will pack her stocking, a simple meal, and just go for a short time, just so the kids can be with her. They need to see Grandma on Christmas, they just do. I think they cheer her a bit, too.
We are also going to Papa's sister's house on the day after Christmas, to eat leftovers and visit for a bit. That's it for us, not too far at all.

How 'bout all y'all?
LB

2 comments:

Christine Proctor said...

We'll be traveling a bit Christmas Eve - to my husband's sisters, and Christmas Day to my parent's house. Thankfully we don't have to drive up here from Vancouver anymore, so we actually get to sleep in our own beds on Christmas Eve. We got the greatest game for traveling, it is a box of cards listing interesting things to look for and each of the kids gets a hand of cards to hunt for. It is wrapped under the tree waiting for Christmas traveling. My kids are still kinda babies (the 4 year old at least), but they are so used to long trips that it isn't a real big deal for them. We are proud to have a video free van!

frogpond1

Amy said...

Zip. Nada. We don't go anywhere. We started with the same rule as you, and now there's nowhere to go anyway!

My parents are no longer with us, and Bud's mom just moved about 5 minutes away. My siblings all have grown kids coming home for the holidays, so we get together after Christmas - this year it will be for New Year's Eve and at our house, so we won't be travelling then, either.

Suits me. I like to stay home where it's cozy and I have all my books with me!