Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Day of service, evening of rejuvination

Good Tuesday morning to ya'!
Not much to report on yesterday, except that we had 2 cords of wood delivered, and the Papa dude already has a fair amount of it split. Hopefully between busy moments we can get some serious stacking done the rest of this week. Other than that, I fell asleep while reading Pilgrim's Progress to the kids while they folded laundry. Do you know who "MomBob" is? She would call this a "tipover". I took it easy, but it was good to feel a bit more energetic and non-headachey for the first time in about 2 weeks! Thanks for the thoughts and prayers, I think they helped me fight the nasty virus even harder.

Today we have a big day ahead of us. First I will go out walking with a friend, between dropping off and picking up the Boy. I'll also swoop by and pick up Girly, and Pony (that will be her blog name, cuz she looks like a sweet pony when she runs free), my respite care kiddo, and all of us will head to do our first Christmas community service of the year.

One day a year, we wrap presents for Toys for Tots. We usually end up with about 4 or 5 homeschooling families joining us, and although it is intense work, it is lots of fun. I usually end up coordinating the kids- getting the littles to pull tape, cut ribbon lengths, etc, while the older kids cut lengths of paper, cut price tags, and do the actual wrapping. A fair amount of Christmas song singing happens (I need to remember to tell them no "Robin laid an egg" verses before we go!), as well as the occasional piece of scotch tape in the hair, or a squabble over scissors, but it is all good.

That's the service part, then tonight will come the rejuvination, as it is my meeting night! The night Mama looks forward to all month- getting together with other Classically educating moms for discussion and conversation. Tonight is our annual Christmas get-together, and I am doubly excited, because for the last two years, I have done a talk on Charlotte Mason, and am not this year, freeing me up to enjoy the party a bit more this year. I loved doing the presentations, but it will be fun to visit and mingle this time.

We are supposed to bring something to show how we or our kids have been creative lately, and I have no idea what to bring. Maybe the owl drawings the kids did during nature study? Have to think on this one. Oh, and fruit! I must remember to squeeze in a trip to the fruitstand, to pick up some fruit to bring tonight. Remember, remember.

Okay, the kids are begging me to get off this thing and read them another chapter of Pilgrim's Progress- do you think I can do it without a tipover?

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Needleroozer said...

I s'pose there is a way for me to go back in and edit posts, so that I could italicize that darn book title, but I am running late. Oops. The typos glare at me on this blog even more than they do on a board post!
Have a good one,
LB

Mamabird said...

LB, you can edit posts! When you log in to your blog, there should be a list of all your posts, with a blue "Edit" button beside the name of each post. Click on Edit, make your changes, then hit "Publish post" and the new, revised version will take the place of the old one.

Of course, you may have figured this out already. If so, please ignore. But I do know, for me, there is a bit of a learning curve with finding my way around blogger.

Have fun wrapping and partying!

Karen