Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Tidbit: Goals

Okay. Here's the thing. We are a week into the new year, and so far, I have not been even working on my goals/intentions for the new year. I do not want to make myself wrong for this, I just want to be intentional. From this minute, with no worries about the past week.

So today I will move my body, I will spend some time on my normal household chores, and I will work on taking the Christmas decorations down and putting them away neatly. I will also work with each child to get a checklist created for the rest of their school week. If I have time (I will try to MAKE the time), I will head to the studio- I need to take photos of yesterday's mail goodies, and work on bases for thank you cards.

I will not make myself wrong if I do not get to all of these. I will just be intentional in my day.
How are you doing with your goals a week into the new year?
LB

Updated at 7:30 pm to say that I did get all the decorations sorted and put away- I even filled a brown paper sack with Christmas stuff to donate. We have washed, dried, and folded several loads of wash, swept the main floors, and the children are finishing up the dishes right now.

We didn't do much school at all, nor did we work on planning, sigh. Right now I am cranky and tired, but we will head down to the studio to try to get some thank you cards made.
LB

Updated at 10:30 to say that we did go down to the studio and had a delightful time together. The kids made some beautiful thank you post cards. I mostly supervised, but I did get some painting done on some post cards of my own- need to add more tomorrow, but it was a good start, and we had fun. Papa got home at 9, and we are all tucked into bed. I will check in tomorrow, hopefully with photos.
LB

5 comments:

Mama Podkayne said...

Yes, that is exactly how I am doing it. Intentional and slow. In fact I just took a break taking down Christmas decor myself. :)

Also, how we did the junk drawer fiasco: I got these plastic baskets on clearance at target, about 10 at a 1$ each. I set them out on the table and as drawers were emptied the items were sorted. Then the bins slid nicely into the drawers and spaces they belong.

I did the same thing with the toy bins.

And my craft supplies.

I might go back for 10 more if they still have them and do the laundry room too. :)

Needleroozer said...

Yeah, that works in theory, but I have about 10 bins like that taking up space in my basement- my problem is I don't find a place for things to actually live, so I end up with a bunch of tubs, filled with junk! I have a bunch of stuff that was my nephew's that I will be taking to a women's shelter- my goal is to fill up the whole back of the van with stuff we don't need anymore, and just clear out the clutter! Now to actually make it happen!
LB

Anonymous said...

Ummmm... I ate a few salads...thought about going for a walk..took a fair amount of Christmas candy/cookie leftovers to the office for others to enjoy. I am afraid the Prince and I both grabbed the familiar excuse of getting a cold to keep us from staying centered and focused. We are back breathing well so I think we are almost ready to get back to intentionality!
Thanks for being an encouragement.
E-hugs for now,
P

Needleroozer said...

Oh phooey- we gave you our colds, didn't we? Sorry about that. It was a good excuse for me, too. Thinking about being intentional is a start, though- right? ;-)
LB

Anonymous said...

Who knows for sure where the colds came from ~ this time of year we are around so many folks, running busy and stressed at times, and eating too much sugar, a perfect cocktail for an experience of the familiar mid winter break.

All is well though, and we are truly blessed.

Toodles,

P