Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Killer Wednesdays

No doubt about it, Wednesdays are tough! I didn't sleep well last night (haven't been since before Christmas, and I am starting to really notice the signs of sleep deprivation!!), but I was up at 6:30. After dropping Boy off at 9, I came home and got him registered for the ACT test on Feb. 11. This was a long, compicated process, but I feel good about finally getting it done, even if it was only 2 days before the deadline! We had thought he would be taking the SAT, but I missed that deadline, and now, am glad of that- the ACT won't include a writing section, and he will have 2 extra weeks to study. Regardless of how well he does, this will be a great experience for him. He is loving the prep, which is weird from the boy who hates to study!

I picked Boy-o up from classes at 11, stopped by and pick up Pony, and we all headed up to the food bank. We helped pack and then delivered 9 bags of groceries, then headed back to our neck of the woods. We dropped Pony off at home, then headed south. Ate oranges, some gross turkey lunch meat and rice cakes in the car. Stopped at Barnes and Noble to pick up Cracking the ACT, then stopped by Kris's to pick up the last couple of weeks worth of our Time for Kids magazines (not the most indepth articles, but the kids like it, and it is an easy way to do current events with no work for me).

Horn Lessons start at 2:30, and we were only 7 minutes late. We ordered some new manuscript paper for the Girl (I swear the manager of the music store rubs his hands together with glee each week when we come in, we buy SOMETHING everytime we come for a lesson, whether it is manuscript paper, guitar picks and books for Papa, or Chopin's Etudes or some Bartok for Girl's piano. At least he gives me a teacher's discount.), and then she and I visited the dollar store and bought ourselves a couple new pairs of toe socks while Boy was in his lesson. I know, I know. I am supposed to study Latin during this time. I promise to next week!

We got home about 5 pm, and I should be fixing dinner, but I am just so tired. I hope there are leftovers in the fridge, I really do.

My mom had an eye appt today, but hasn't called me yet. I hope it all went okay. Well, off to the kitchen with me, the sooner I get supper made, the sooner I can go to bed.

I just re-read what I have written so far- I hope this doesn't sound too whiny, I am aware of how good I have it. It is good to be tired, and I feel like I accomplished a great deal today. Oh- even though most of it was car-schooling, the kids got math, latin, instrument practice, and even a little history reading in today, in addition to all the good community service and horn lessons! Yay!
LB

2 comments:

Dy said...

I *love* toe socks!! Wow, I thought my family was the only one that actually wore them. And they have them at the Dollar Store? I've gotta get out more.

YOu don't sound whiny - you sound tired. Go to bed, get some rest. Be good to yourself.

Dy

Needleroozer said...

Well, what a coinkydink! Just one more wierd thing you and i have in common!
I did go to bed- not as early as I would have liked, but Boy was asleep by 11, and me by 12, so that is a start, I guess.
LB, off to brave this rainy Thursday in her bright blue and hot pink striped toe socks.
Rest easy today.