Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Preparations for the Big Trip

Well, I am sure glad we took some time off in the afternoon yesterday to go to the park and run and play in the sunshine, because we are back to the rain today. Other than yesterday, it has rained for over a month now. No complaints, just stating. I live in a temperate rain forest, and I like it, but the sun was great!

Today the Girl and I will be packing fast and furious, to get her ready for her first big trip away from home. She will be going to Huntington Beach, California, to stay for a 4 day weekend with some dear family friends of ours. Their youngest daughter and the Girl have been the closest of friends since the day they met. I wouldn't let her stay with just anyone, and I am already having little heart palpatations at the thought of her flying alone on Friday, but I am sure she will have a great time and be very safe.

While she is there, she will get to go surfing, and they are taking her on a surprise outing! She will love that! I have been filling out permission slips, and forms from the airport all morning. Sigh. I already miss her. Someone tell me this feeling of mommy aprehension and dread will ease soon.

The Boy doesn't have school on Friday. I will make him do a bit of school- ACT prep, Latin, Math, and Horn, but after that, I want to spend some time doing something fun with him. Not sure yet what that will be, but I know he has been craving some attention lately. He has a hard time when his Sissy goes away- he is very dependant upon, and devoted to her. I wonder how he will handle this 4 day weekend without her? This is really good practice for both of us for when she goes away to summer camp in a few months.

Okay, gotta go start that packing, keep the laundry going round, and maybe make some muffins or something.
LB

No comments: