Friday, October 26, 2007

Why haven't you been blogging, LB?

I am here. Sorry for the lack of posts this week. I have been very busy with life. Not very interesting, but busy as anything!

I have been up at 4 am several days this week, in order to take the Dude to the airport. I actually stayed up after I got home, resulting in feeling low-energy and tired most of the week. From now on, I go back to sleep when I get home! It works better for my body.

I had a lovely toddler fix yesterday while Piano Girl had a lovely lesson (she is doing very well right now). I am reading Mere Christianity with her piano teacher, and loving it.

I have washed dishes, done laundry, bought groceries, and vacuumed rugs. My house is really run down right now, and I need to give it some attention. With what time?

I have been engaged in high-level teenage parenting all week. I find this exhausting and worrisome. I hope I am doing this right. Being a teenager in this day and age is very different than it was 30 years ago, and I am trying to be there for my kids, but I feel out of my element. I am good with babies. I am not sure I relate well to teens. But we have them now, and I am coping. We all made it through the week in one piece, and that is what matters.

I used up an entire tank of gas playing taxi driver, which on Wed, for example, looked like this- Take the Dude to the airport, home for a bit, to the high school, to the bank, up north to run an errand, back to the school, home to pick up other kid, to the post office, across the lake to church for youth group, stop at Mom's, downtown to take her to supper, drop Mom off, back to the church, down to the airport, and back home. On Wed. alone I used a half tank of gas. Thursday involved two hour-long drives to and from piano lessons. Saturday will be more taxi driving- drive one kid and several speech and debate kids an hour south to speech tourny, get the other kid to group piano lessons 2 hours north. Then reverse the directions to get everyone home. Sigh. I love my job, I love my job.

I have done no art at all this week. I feel empty and stressed on this subject. I need the release of creating art, and I haven't made it happen. No blogging either. Sigh. No wrong-making here, just need to do this for me, and haven't.

That's it. That's all I have for you today.
LB

2 comments:

LH said...

Yes, big kids can make for a lot of driving too!

Did the piano performance go well? I trust it did! :-)

Anonymous said...

Teens are a challenge. I admire your efforts and know in my heart it’s a good thing Prince Charming and I didn’t have our own. I love the babies, toddlers and well behaved youngins, but oy, teens are tough. So glad to hear they come out the other side as lovely grown ups. Jeepers, I am starting to sound like the adults ahead of me in my youth!

Enjoy what you can. Some lovely sight seeing along the drives? Gratitude helps me with my challenges, reminds me that among the tough stuff are pearls and goodness. I know you are very good at seeing that!

A wise woman reminded me that we embrace our greater good while being the best we can in the moment we are in. This creates the expansion that allows our good to come to us Ala "Enlightenment, and then the Laundry". Mystics, Sages and fabulous artists all had the basic day to day stuff too ~ we just don't see and hear much of that in the stories and movies.

Create a great day,

P