Friday, June 22, 2007

Friday night update

Well, the suitcases are packed, and by the front door. We have washed her hair about a gazillion times, and it looks fresh and shiny. The shoulder-length cut suits her. She fell asleep in both her Papa and my arms, while I sng all her fave lullabies. She woke about an hour later, when Papa began to snore heavily. She is tucked into her bed now, anxious and excited all at the same time.

Papa and the Fine Young Man fixed a beautiful steak dinner, but she barely touched it. She burst into tears at one point, and sat on my lap for awhile, before she could finish eating. Funny- sometimes she seems so big, but not tonight.

The Boy and I are doing better now, though he seems more somber than usual. I think he is really going to miss his sister.

My alarm is set for 5 am, her plane leaves at 8:30. I will update again in the morning. Right now I will go do my best to sleep, though it feels far away at the moment.
TTFN,
LB

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

....oooo....approaching excitement! The energy levels must be amazing :)

P