Friday, April 21, 2006

Friday Five

Here is today's Friday Five, from Donna at Quiet Life.

1. Five minutes to yourself: how would you spend them, ideally?
Quilting.

2. Five bucks to spend right now: how would you spend it?
Buy a quilting magazine.

3. Five items in your house you could part with, right now, that you hadn't thought of already?
Dead vaccuum, dead tv, old shoes that hurt my feet, ummmm, that's all I can come up with.

4. Five items you absolutely, positively could never part with in your house?
Photos
My Hull vase collection
the chunky little clay things the Boy made when he was a little tyke.
the mosaic turtle table and the wooden box that my dh made for me as anniversary gifts.

5. Five words you love?
far out, groovy, cool,
I know that sometimes I just love the way a certain word rolls off the tongue, but I can't think of any right now!

Leave your answers in the comment box- see you there!
LB

4 comments:

Amy said...

Ooh, I'd love to see a picture of your vases. I think I say cool a lot, but it's not one of my favorites. I'm glad someone else likes it - maybe I don't sound like such a dork!

Laney said...

I left mine at Donna's. I like your words, they seem like you. :-) Unfortunately one of my favorite words is retarted, I just love the way it sounds!

I didn't mention it but you're right, I would grab allof the boys' art work.

Donna Boucher said...

Are you from the 60's? :o)

I sure hope you are all feeling much better....SOON!

Anonymous said...

Well, it’s not Friday any more (or yet!), but I love the idea, and I love the sounds of Donna at “Quiet Life”. Is there a story there? Rings of simplicity and wonderful things I aspire to attract and create more of….

1. Five minutes to yourself: how would you spend them, ideally?

Curled up with books I love in a cozy space like our wonderful home in the country with Prince Charming and the kitties

2. Five bucks to spend right now: how would you spend it?

Fresh Flowers ~ the season of new life and color is spectacular!

3. Five items in your house you could part with, right now, that you hadn't thought of already?

Cutesy Cat Picture Frame, Painted Ceramic cat, Cat cookie jar, whimsical cat book, aging lamp that tilts and the finish is wearing off, Interesting… my Mom picked up most of these, she was sure we’d lovethem… her heart if in the right place but oy, don’t let her know you think something is cute unless you are open to receiving it’s interpretation in many phases. Not so great when you are increasingly attracted to simplicity, eh?

4. Five items you absolutely, positively could never part with in your house?

Grama’s sideboard
Binky’s secretary (desk)
Great Grama’s entry way table, she had a pair and put a vase of flowers on them. How lovely of a greeting was that?
Framed Needlepoint that hung in my Dad’s child hood home
Collection of Photographs


5. Five words you love?

Spirit, beloved, extraordinary, serenity, grace

Leave your answers in the comment box- see you there!
LB

That was great fun! Thanks for the invitation to share. I feel better just thinking thru the process….ahhhh…….