Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Nap time

Well, I made it to the Dr.s appt. today- I like this new place- everything is all in the same building, whether it is a rheumatologist, and endocrinologist, or a primary care physician. It is not a bad drive, and there is a parking garage. Makes it easy.

I think I am going to like this Dr. For one thing, she is a she, and I think that alone helps. I have an appt. for next week for a general physical, and to start the ball rolling on the thyroid/menopause issues. She also suggested I go with a different endocrinologist, in order to get in to see one before the middle of May (read: before I kill myself or someone else in my family due to my chronic irritability,lol.). She recommended chiropractic and massage therapy, and we found one that is not too far of a drive from my house. Yay! I haven't been had a massage or been to the chiro in over 5 yrs, and I am way overdue. Good thing is that Allstate will be picking up the whole tab.

I have an appt for an eye exam and to pick out new frames today at 3:30. Right now, the kids are outside playing. They did some history reading and got their music practice out of the way while I was gone this morning, so I am letting them play. I am off to take a nap- I have a cough to go with my sore throat now, and my arm is throbbing a bit, so I am going to get some rest before I have to drive again in rush hour traffic, while listening to Latin chants (rental car has a CD player- kids think this is way cool).

There is a roast in the crockpot, and a bowl of chopped carrots, onions, celery and mushrooms in the fridge. I will throw them in before we leave. Oh- I cut a bunch of squares out of the pastel fabrics I bought the other day, maybe tonight I can lay them out. I'd do it now, but I am too pooped. Yawn.

TTFN,
LB

No comments: