Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Simple Pleasures

Donna over at Quiet Life (Is Blogger only acting up for me, or is it being wierd for others too? Again today I can't link!) is asking today for 10 simple pleasures. In my somewhat wordy way, here are mine.

1. Laying in bed watching and listening to the birds in the birch tree outside my bedroom window.

2. The feel of an old person's skin- like a rose petal.

3. Sitting in a rocker, snuggling a warm, sleepy baby.

4. Settling into the spoon position, that moment when I skootch my hiney up next to my man as I am sinking down into warm flannel sheets, ready for sleep.

5. Hugs, kisses, and I love you's from my babies, even though they aren't babies anymore.

6. Being in nature, sharing it with my child-friends, showing them the joy of flowers of every shape, size, and color.

7. smiles and butterfly kisses

8. kitty cats- when they are sleeping on my fresh laundry, or drinking from my bathwater, or chasing my toes, or........ being kitty cats.

9. Singing with my babies, or hearing them sing.

10. Reading blogs.

I find it reassuring and joyful that I found it hard to stop at just ten. I look forward to reading your 10 simple pleasures in my comment box- that will be #11 for me!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am headed to the Dr's this morning- yes, again. Papa stayed home for the morning, he is out getting coffee, but will return shortly, to watch over the sick kids while I am gone. Girly still has a fever (or should I say has one again), and the Boy still has a very sore throat and stuffy nose.

I slept last night, with very little coughing, thankfully. The sun is shining, and for that I am grateful. I hope to get those seeds into the ground this afternoon. We shall see what the day holds. Hope yours is great.
LB

7 comments:

Donna Boucher said...

I could have kept going with my list too :o)

Our kitty cat, although she is really a meanie, brings us all sorts of giggles and smiles throughout the day! Go figure?

Get Well!

Anonymous said...

1.) Seeing the first signs of spring.

2.) The first snowfall of the year that completely covers the ground.

3.) Fresh sweet corn and tomatoes.

4.) The colors of autumn.

5.) My nephew who cannot get through a knock knock joke without cracking himself up.

6.) Listening to the wind, whether it be gentle breeze or 50 mph howlers.

7.) The way a field of tall corn sounds when the wind goes through it.

8.) Hand piecing a quilt.

9.) Strawberry shortcake made the old fashioned way with a biscuit and not one of those crapola spongy things they sell at the store.

10.)Driving country roads and seeing who planted the straightest rows.

11.) My cat and my two dogs and my crazy rabbit.

12.) Learning from my father and mother.

13.) Watching my husband sleep.

I know I'm three over but I couldn't limit myself and I could probably add quite a few more. Hope you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't leave it without saying:

14) The first lightning bugs of summer.

15.) A full moon

16.) The winter constellations.

Needleroozer said...

Wow, Diane.
You are so poetic! How wonderful your list is!
Thanks also for the well-wishes. The kids are still feeling punky, but a little better.
I just hope it goes away soon.
LB

Anonymous said...

I'm not poetic but I like "ordinary" things a lot.

So many people are down with one bug or another these days. I had a whopper almost two months ago. Went to the doctor and he gave me meds. I took them and got worse and then he gave me ten days of cipro. I told him well, if it didn't cure what I had at least I didn't have to worry about getting anthrax.

Hope you are all fit as a fiddle real soon.

Anonymous said...

1. Watching my kitties curl and stretch in sun beams

2. The way open water twinkles on a sunny day

3. Walking barefoot on freshly mowed grass on a cool summer evening

4. Majestic mountains on a clear sunny day. I did this yesterday, driving to Index ~ WOW! Took my breath away

5. Hummingbirds, butterflies, dragonflies and barn swallows darting about the garden

6. Singing really wonderful music with a HUGE choir

7. Playing with happy children!!no age limit!

8. Curling up with a great book, in a great space

9. Ripe strawberries fresh from the garden and warm from the sun (raspberries, tomatoes and corn too)

10. Walking on a sandy beach, feeling the water take the sand from around you

I could go on and on.......great exercise!

Needleroozer said...

You are right, Pam, this was a good exercise! Everyone's answers sound so poetic, and I can relate to all of them.
How fun!
LB