Saturday, August 18, 2007

From the Studio Depths

I woke up at 8:45, to goodbye kisses, and the smell of bacon. Papa and the keedunks left to go bike riding with Mr. B. and his girls. I have just spent a luxurious 30 minutes blog-cruising while eating a donut and O.J. (they ate all the bacon), and though I am still in my jammies, am now settled down in the studio depths. All morning with no interruptions, just Bonnie Rait, John Hyatt, and Joe Jackson cranked up high; and 3 mischievous cats to keep me company. And if it gets hot, or I have a hot flash, I can strip down to my bra and don't have to worry about being sighted by a teenage Boy.
I'm in heaven, I tell ya'. Total heaven. Glorious sigh.
Ta Ta For Now,
LB

6 comments:

Bridget said...

OH, enjoy!!! There is nothing like that all alone time when everyone is gone and you have the house (or studio) to yourself.

Jenni said...

Okay, so how did I miss this artist thing? I want to see your work! I just love seeing all the amazing things my fellow boardies do other than homeschool:o) Congratulations on your decision!

Now, is that a picture of a Chihuly as the background in your header? Very, very cool.

Needleroozer said...

Bridget,
You're right! I need to work on having more time for myself!
Jenni,
My dude built the studio for me as a surprise Christmas gift. It has been a goal of mine for years to focus on art, and I am just now beginning to realize it.
So far, there aren't too many art posts, but if you search on the studio category, you will find a few.
I took the picture of the glass on the Bridge of Glass in Tacoma this month.
LB

kitten said...

Girl! I love what you have done to your blog! By the way, I have a little something for you on my blog.

Anonymous said...

What ~ no bacon?! They are usually so thoughtful about sharing with the Mama Goddess. What a good sport you are.

I bet the kitties are in heaven having you all to themselves~

Enjoy it all,

P:)

Needleroozer said...

It's ok, Pam. I think they thought I was going to sleep in like I am known to do.
It was a good day!
LB