Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Studio before

Ok, so about two weeks ago, I couldn't take it anymore. I had been creating like crazy for a couple of months, but then just not cleaning up. So when I wanted to make something, I would just move the piles to one side, and then when done, add to them or make a new pile. And then SassyCat/ CuddlePuff (she has multiple personalities, so has multiple names) decided to help me out by dumping my garbage can over, and dragging stuff around the room, and by deciding she needed to play with some packing materials she found in a box. This all spelled D-I-S-T-A-S-T-E-R A-R-E-A!



I had piles of stuff everywhere, and couldn't get to my shelves or the design panels at all.












And then there was the matter of the litter boxes (3 inside cats, sigh) being so close to my workspace. The kids were not managing this area well at all, and it spilled out into my space. You can also see stacks of boxes in front of my art supply cupboard, too. They were even higher and stacked very precariously before I actually got to cleaning.

Just look at this table! How could anyone do
anything creative here?!
So, two weekends ago, while my Dude was away, I kidnapped my mom (not really- she loves to be down here), and we went for it. She started vacuuming all the pet hair and cat litter that had dribbled into my space, and I started putting and throwing things away. Check the next post for after pictures.
LB

No comments: