Thursday, August 02, 2007

HodgePodge: Kludge, and the daily grind.

Busy, busy. This morning was filled with the smells of sausages, eggs, and raisin bran (note to self: this particular cereal is so much better suited to muffins than becoming a bowl of mush). The sounds of piano practice and the washer going around. Warm sunshine, and clucky chickens. A phone call to Dy, a good scrubby bath, a lecture on honesty and diligence for the teen, and making sure everyone brushed their teeth.

This afternoon was filled with a toddler fix, piano and voice lessons (which we are loving!). Papa even drove us so we didn't have to spend 4 hours on the bus. Thanks, Dude! Then home for supper, and a couple of episodes of That 70's Show. I know, I know, but I like it! Not having cable, it is new to us. We also made some pudding.

Now the kids are doing the dishes, and then they will do a bit more school and eat some pudding before bed.

A good day. I also spent some time reading some of my fave blogs. If you haven't yet checked out Kludge's blog, do so. He writes about varied and sometimes random topics, and I find his writing to be thought-provoking as well as humourous. And I am not just saying that because he is my nephew, or because he likes Sci-Fi like I do. I only met him once when he was a teen, but it has been fun to get to know him through his blog.


Before I sign off for the night, here is a quiz, which I happened to get from Kludge. Thought it was fun. And one last thing: Kludge, dear boy- wherever did you come up with that name?? I just gotta know.

Which Fantasy/SciFi Character Are You?

1 comment:

Peter Brown said...

Needleroozer-

Thanks, and I agree, its fun to read your blog and learn something about your lives! You seem very happy.
Kludge (kl-oo-ge) was an accident, picked at random from the dictianary when I had to pick my first e-mail address...it just stuck!