Saturday, August 18, 2007

Make Nice-Twice!


Have you had a kindness shown?
Pass it on;
'Twas not given for thee alone,
Pass it on;
Let it travel down the years,
Let it wipe another's tears,
'Til in Heaven the deed appears -
Pass it on.
~Henry Burton, Pass It On


Well what do you know? I have received my first-ever blog award-from two different bloggers! Andie was kind enough to think of me as a nice blogger, and so was Kitten. They both said some very nice things about me, and that felt good! It's not a leg lamp, but I will take it. So now I get to pass on the nicey-niceness and pick 7 nice bloggers of my own. This will be tough, as Andie and Kitten picked many of the same bloggers I would! Let's see......

First off, I nominate Nan @ Life is Like a Lunchbox. Not only is Nan nice, but she is generous in spirit as well. She came up with the idea to fancy up my blog, and did it while her in-laws were visiting even. Way nice!

2nd, how about Miz Booshay over at Quiet Life. She is always nice, in a very encouraging way. Whenever I am struggling to be a mom, a wife, a teacher, or any other part of my life, I head over to Quiet Life, for a dose of encouragement. I love you, Miz B. You bring out the best in me.

3rd, Amy @ The Foil Hat. I love Amy, too. She is thoughtful and kind, but mostly, she makes me laugh- the kind of spew your Vitaminwater on your keyboard laugh. That's nice, and I need that.

4th is Poppins. I find her blog to be very inspirational on many subjects. And not only is she generous in sharing links, she is the generous brain behind The Denim Jumper, a great place for secular homeschoolers to hang out.

5th is Sue Bleiweiss. 6th is Terri S. Both of these amazing and talented ladies are so very nice. They share their enthusiasm for art as well as detailed tutorials and how-to's. They are two of my biggest encouragements when it comes to this art journey I am beginning. Thanks, gals.

7th is Dy. I do not care if she has already been given this award, she gets it again. Dy is such an amazing person. She is one of my best parenting examples. She has such patience and grace with her children. In addition to being the amazing mother of five and a dedicated wife, she is a true friend. She calls me regularly to make sure I am ok, and we commiserate, and laugh together. I love her with my heart and soul, and still wish she and Zorak were in love with the northwest as much as they are the southwest.

8th: Ok, there isn't supposed to be an 8th, but I am adding it since a couple of my recipients were already nominated for this award. 8th is Bridget. I just love Bridget's cheerful outlook on life and on her blog- Bridget has a great family she loves with all her heart, and I love the way she showcases them on her blog. Another nice thing about Bridget is that she is one of my regular commenters. Now THAT is nice! I was about ready to give up on blogging a few months ago, and then Bridget started leaving me comments. This was very encouraging, and is one of the reasons I do my best to blog regularly. Thanks, Bridget!

Now for the Official Stuff: "This award is for those bloggers who are nice people; good blog friends and those who inspire good feelings and inspiration. Also for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world. Once you've been awarded please pass it on to 7 others who you feel are deserving of this award."

Ok ladies, whom will you pick? And thanks again for being part of my blogosphere.
LB

10 comments:

Nan said...

Awww! You are so sweet. Thanks LB! And hey... to get that coveted leg lamp all you gotta do is post how badly you want it! :^D

Donna Boucher said...

Thank you, LB.

You are so very nice to bless me with the 'Nice Award'.

I love you, too!

You are an encouragment!

Needleroozer said...

Nan,
I may have to do just that!

Miz B,
Thanks for saying so, but you are the bestest and the original!
LB

Terri Stegmiller said...

What kind and wonderful things you have said. Thank you so much, I'm touched and honored.

Anonymous said...

aww shucks, you're making me blush :) thanks so much for saying such nice things!

Bridget said...

Thank you so much!! I've never been given an award on my blog, I am very honored. Now, how do I get that image posted over on my blog? I am pretty illiterate on things like that sometimes.
I love your blog, it's really funny my family has come to see the blogs that I read as my friends. My kids tell people "Yeah, my mom has this friend...."
Again, thanks!

Bridget said...

Hey, take a look at my blog, I figured it out. I must be a genius. Now, if I could only figure out how to do a link in my blog without having to type out the whole address for it. hmmm

Needleroozer said...

Bridget,
I am honored to be one of your invisible friends! Glad you figured out how to post the nice award- it took me a minute to figure it out, too!
LB

Anonymous said...

How lovely ~ and I just wanna throw in another vote and remind you how much I love your blog, even when I go thru busy periods and can't get away for a visit. The catching up is grand fun. By the way, I really appreciate the dated entries. They give me context. Ya know, oo...what was LB doing then....what was I doing when she was at the Glass museum....making Indian food with D... such fun! Many thanks dear one.

P

Needleroozer said...

You're welcome Pamela! I appreciate knowing that you read and are one of my loyal commenters! That really does keep me going.
LB