Saturday, August 04, 2007

Tourists in Tacoma part 3: HotRod-A-Rama

Here is what everyone was so excited about: The 6th annual HotRod-A-Rama celebration. Now you have to know, I am not all that much of a car lover, and I would never have planned on going to something like this, but there were some pretty cars, and it was a fun thing to stumble upon.

Here we have the Dude, explaining how the engine works, or something like that. I lost interest fast and just started taking photos of the pretty cars.Like this sky blue beauty.
Now this one is special because the Dude had a truck this same year ('54, if I remember correctly) that he restored.

Now this is a pretty car! A 1040 Ford. If I was a car, this is what I would be. It is small and round, but very sexy!
And last but not least, I love the orange and purple lines on this one. Not sure what I think of the naked engine, but love the color combo here.
So there you have it! A three part installment of our wonderful birthday celebration in downtown Tacoma! Hope you had as much fun as we did!
TTFN,
LB

2 comments:

Bridget said...

I love to go to car shows and look at all the old cars. It's alot of fun when my parents are with us because they point out the ones they used to have or the ones their friends had. Lots of good memories.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you ~ not a car fan, but I know there are loads of folks out there that are. We've stumbled upon a few over the years and had a great time "people watching". How great that you can appreciate all the prosperity that comes your way.

Toodles,

P